If you own a house or property in Georgetown or anywhere else in Central Texas that is facing or may soon face foreclosure, you may have heard that selling your house for cash may be able to help. Foreclosure is about the worst-case scenario for owning a home, so selling quickly to avoid the worst consequences of foreclosure can indeed be a smart decision. Keep reading to learn more about how to sell your house in Georgetown for cash even if you are facing foreclosure.
How Selling a House in Foreclosure Works in Georgetown, TX
Due to the difficulties in the economy over the last few years, many homeowners in the central Texas area have had their mortgages foreclosed. This has even begun to shift the way that banks handle foreclosure in Texas. The bottom line is this: any bank carrying a mortgage on a home would prefer almost any alternative to having to auction it off or see it become abandoned. They stand to make the most if they help you sell the house and avoid the rest of the foreclosure process.
That being said, dealing with the bank itself during the process of foreclosure can be difficult if not impossible due to the strain on the relationship. That’s where we can help.
Our years of experience working with people in foreclosure to sell their homes has helped up come up with some good tips to keep in mind when dealing with the bank:
- Do your best to communicate as much as possible, even to the point of overcommunicating. Give them updates often, let them see the progress you are making to sell the property.
- Always call with advance notice if you are going to miss a deadline. It’s even better to not miss them, but if it’s going to happen – let them know beforehand.
- Try to treat the people from the bank you deal with the way you’d like to be treated. It might be hard to think of them as people as they take your home from you, but any willingness you demonstrate to repair broken trust or other issues can help in the end.
- Keep track of and even record every conversation you have with any representative of the bank. Always try to be clear about who you are speaking with and any promises you believe they are making to you.
- Look at every option you have to avoid foreclosure. These can include things you maybe haven’t thought of yet like modifying your loan, a short sale, or filing for bankruptcy. There may be things you can do to significantly slow down the foreclosure process. Often this will be dependent on your bank and mortgage agreement, so ask them what you can do.
- Act now. This isn’t a situation where time is on your side. The further behind you are, the worse things get as options grow fewer.
Sell Your Georgetown House in Foreclosure to ACF Buys Homes
We specialize in helping homeowners like those facing foreclosure who need to sell quickly. Our process is transparent and hassle-free. Just fill out the details on the form below or give our office a call to get a no-cost, no-obligation quote of what ACF Buys Homes could pay for your house in Georgetown. It only takes us about a day to get back to you and if you accept the offer, we can have your money in hand in as quick as a week! Call or click today to learn more.